BRIEF FACTS ABOUT ISRAEL
NATIONHOOD AND JERUSALEM
• Israel became a nation in 1312 BC, two thousand years before the rise of Islam.
• Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part of a Palestinian people in 1967, two
decades after the establishment of the modern State of Israel.
• Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 BC the Jews have had dominion over the land for one
thousand years with a continuous presence in the land for the past 3,300 years. The only Arab
dominion since the conquest in 635 CE lasted no more than 22 years. For over 3,300 years
Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital. Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or
Muslim entity. Even when the Jordanians occupied Jerusalem, they never sought to make it
their capital, and Arab leaders did not come to visit.
• Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in the Tanach, the Jewish Holy Scriptures. Jerusalem is
notmentioned once in the Koran.
• King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammed never came to Jerusalem.
• Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray facing Mecca.
ARAB AND JEWISH REFUGEES
• In 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge
the land of Jews. Sixty-eight percent left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier. The Jewish
refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab brutality, persecution and pogroms.
• The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated to be around 630,000. The
number of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is estimated to be roughly the same.
• Arab refugees were intentionally not absorbed or integrated into the Arab lands to which they
fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the 100 million refugees since WorldWar II, theirs is
the only refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own
peoples’ lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel, a country no larger than
THE ARAB – ISRAELI CONFLICT
• The Arabs are represented by eight separate nations, not including the Palestinians. There is
only one Jewish nation.
• The Arab nations initiated all five wars and lost.
• Israel defended itself each time and won.
• Fatah has not removed the call for the destruction of the State of Israel from its constitution.
• Israel has given the Palestinians most of the West Bank land, autonomy under the Palestinian
Authority, and has supplied them with weapons.
• Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and the Jews were denied access to
places of worship.
• Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to
people of all faiths.
U.N.RECORD ON ISRAEL AND THE ARABS
• Of the 175 Security Council resolutions passed before 1990, 97were directed against Israel.
• Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 were directed against
• The U.N was silent while 58 Jerusalem Synagogues were destroyed by the Jordanians.
• The U.N.was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery
on the Mount of Olives.
• The U.N. was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like policy of preventing Jews
from visiting the Temple Mount and the Western Wall.
The official Palestine Ministry of Information has undertaken a complete re-write of the history of
Jerusalem. It is described as “an old Arab city built 5,000 years ago over (Al Dohor) hill known
today as Al Tur, overlooking Silwan village south-east of Al-AqsaMosque”. The chronology of the
Canaanite Arabs 2500 BC
Israelites (when conquered by King David) 1000 BC.
Under ‘The Western Wall’we find:
“The Al-BoraqWall: It is part of the exterior facade of the western wall of Al-Aqsa Mosque. ‘AIBoraq’
is the name of the creature on which Prophet Mohammed made his ascension to heaven and
which was tied to this wall,which is called by Jews the ‘Wailing Wall’.
“Some Orthodox religious Jews consider it as a holy place for them, and claim that the wall is part of
their temple which all historic studies and archaeological excavations have failed to find any proof
for such a claim.”
“In order to undermine the foundations of Al-AqsaMosque, the Israeli government has converted it
into a religious shrine for Jews, prohibiting non-Jews to enter it, except for a limited number of
Source: Christian Friends for Israel