During this lockdown period some of these churches and chapels have online services.
“LORD, when our hearts perceive Thy worth”
1. LORD, when our hearts perceive Thy worth,
Desires unknown before take place,
Our spirits cleave no more to earth,
But long for holiness and grace.
2. And dost Thou say, ‘Ask what thou wilt’?*
Lord, I would seize the golden hour;
I pray to be released from guilt,
And freed from sin and Satan’s power.
3. More of Thy presence, Lord, impart,
More of Thine image let me bear;
Erect Thy throne within my heart,
And reign without a rival there.
4. Give me to read my pardon sealed,
And from Thy joy to draw my strength,
To have Thy boundless love revealed,
Its height, and depth, and breadth, and length.
5. Grant these requests, I ask no more,
But to Thy care the rest resign;
Living or dying, rich or poor,
All shall be well if Thou art mine.
John Newton, 1725-1807
“NOW to the Lord, Who makes us know”
1. NOW to the Lord, Who makes us know
The wonders of His dying love,
Be humble honours paid below,
And strains of nobler praise above.
2. ’Twas He that cleansed our foulest sins,
And washed us in His precious blood:
’Tis He that makes us priests and kings,
And brings us rebels near to God.
3. To Jesus our atoning Priest,
To Jesus our exalted King,
Be everlasting power confessed,
And every tongue His glory sing.
4. Behold, on clouds our Saviour comes,
And every eye shall see Him move;
Though with our sins we pierced Him once,
Now He displays His pardoning love.
5. The unbelieving world shall wail,
While we rejoice to see the Day;
Come, Lord: nor let Thy promise fail,
Nor let Thy coming long delay.
Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
“The heavens declare Thy glory, Lord”
1. The heavens declare Thy glory, Lord;
In every star Thy wisdom shines;
But when our eyes behold Thy Word,
We read Thy name in fairer lines.
2. Sun, moon, and stars convey Thy praise
Round the whole earth, and never stand;
So when Thy Truth began its race,
It touched and glanced on every land.
3. Nor shall Thy spreading Gospel rest,
Till through the world Thy Truth has run;
Till Christ has all the nations blest
That see the light, or feel the sun.
4. Great Sun of Righteousness, arise,
Bless the dark world with heavenly light;
Thy Gospel makes the simple wise;
Thy laws are pure, Thy judgements right.
5. Thy noblest wonders here we view,
In souls renewed and sins forgiven:
Lord, cleanse my sins, my soul renew,
And make Thy Word my guide to Heaven.
Isaac Watts, 1674-1748