Election in Christ
1. Expand, my soul, arise and sing
The matchless grace of Zion’s King;
His love, as ancient as his name,
Let all thy powers aloud proclaim.
2. Chosen of old, of old approved,
In Christ eternally beloved;
Adopted too, and children made,
Ere sin its baleful poison spread.
3. Though sin and guilt infest them here,
In Christ they all complete appear;
The whole that justice e’er demands
Received full payment from his hands.
4. In him the Father never saw
The least transgression of his law;
Perfection, then, in him we view;
His saints in him are perfect too.
5. Then let our souls in him rejoice,
As favoured objects of his choice;
Redeemed, and saved by grace, we sing
Eternal praise to Christ our King.