Christ a True Friend
1. A Friend there is, your voices join,
Ye saints, to praise his name,
Whose truth and kindness are divine,
Whose love’s a constant flame.
2. When most we need his helping hand,
This Friend is always near;
With heaven and earth at his command,
He waits to answer prayer.
3. His love no end or measure knows;
No change can turn its course;
Immutably the same, it flows
From one eternal source!
4. When frowns appear to veil his face,
And clouds surround his throne,
He hides the purpose of his grace,
To make it better known.
5. And if our dearest comforts fall
Before his sovereign will,
He never takes away our all –
Himself he gives us still.