Desiring to Love and Delight in God
1. O Lord, I would delight in thee,
And on thy care depend;
To thee in every trouble flee,
My best, my only Friend.
2. When all created streams are dried,
Thy fulness is the same;
May I with this be satisfied,
And glory in thy name.
3. No good in creatures can be found,
But may be found in thee;
I must have all things, and abound,
While God is God to me.
4. O that I had a stronger faith,
To look within the veil;
To credit what my Saviour saith,
Whose words can never fail.
5. He that has made my heaven secure
Will here all good provide;
While Christ is rich, I can’t be poor;
What can I want beside?
6. O Lord, I cast my care on thee;
I triumph and adore;
Henceforth my great concern shall be
To love and praise thee more.