“If two of you agree … it shall be done.”
1. We have thy promise, gracious Lord,
Thou wilt be where thy people meet;
O, then, fulfil thy gracious word,
And make our happiness complete.
2. Thy promise is to two or three,
Who meet together in thy name;
That for whatever they agree
To ask, they surely shall obtain.
3. We ask thy gracious presence here,
The sweet enjoyment of thy love;
From worldly thoughts O keep us clear,
And set our hearts on things above.
4. We ask thy Holy Spirit’s aid,
Whilst we’re engaged in prayer and praise;
We ask from our great living Head
To be supplied with every grace.
5. We ask for faith a sweet increase,
To find our doubts and fears removed,
To feel the powerful reign of peace,
And every sinful thought subdued.
6. We ask to feel a union sweet,
We ask a blessing on thy word;
We ask – but all our askings meet
In this – we ask thy presence, Lord!
Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Matthew 18:18