The Fulness of Christ
1. A fulness resides in Jesus our Head,
And ever abides to answer our need;
The Father’s good pleasure has laid up in store
A plentiful treasure, to give to the poor.
2. Whate’er be our wants, we need not to fear;
Our numerous complaints his mercy will hear;
His fulness shall yield us abundant supplies;
His power shall shield us when dangers arise.
3. The fountain o’erflows, our woes to redress,
Still more he bestows, and grace upon grace.
His gifts in abundance we daily receive;
He has a redundance for all that believe.
4. Whatever distress awaits us below,
Such plentiful grace will Jesus bestow
As still shall support us and silence our fear,
For nothing can hurt us while Jesus is near.
5. When troubles attend, or danger, or strife,
His love will defend and guard us through life;
And when we are fainting and ready to die,
Whatever is wanting, his grace will supply.